As a Sr. Mechanical Engineer at Lexington Medical, you will be involved in the design and development of surgical devices, from prototyping stages through regulatory approval and commercial release. In addition, you will design, develop, and implement test methods and fixtures required for completion of the design and manufacturing processes.
We are looking for bright individuals who are interested in making a difference in a dynamic and exciting entrepreneurial environment. This is your opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of millions of patients worldwide.
- Conceptualize, prototype, design, and develop mechanical elements
- Conceptualize, design, and implement test methods and fixtures for characterization or validation of design attributes.
- Generate test protocols and document experimental results in test reports.
- Generate solid models and drawings.
- Maintain appropriate design records in accordance with regulatory and company standards.
- Create design specifications necessary to comply with regulatory and industry standards and participate in design verification/validation activities as necessary.
- Interact with clinicians and industry professionals to evaluate design concepts.
- Work closely with outside vendors/suppliers to ensure timely and accurate component delivery.
- Attend and participate in pre-clinical in-vivo system evaluations.
- Be part of laboratory demonstrations for investors and clinicians.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual looking to grow professionally in a fast-paced environment. Excellent knowledge of theoretical and practical fundamentals, as well as experimental engineering techniques and a solid ability to work on several projects simultaneously are required.
- BS in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, top tiered institution with excellent GPA.
- Experience in design of mechanical products.
- Experience in medical device design a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of 3D CAD tools (SolidWorks preferred).
- Mechanical aptitude and willingness to work in a laboratory environment.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience. Exceptional candidates with less experience may be considered.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive base salary.
- Highly attractive stock option package.
- Opportunity to be part of an exceptional team of talented people.
- Work authorization/ visa plus relocation assistance for the right candidate.